Wednesday, November 09, 2005

#37: Roads & Boats

The creators of Roads & Boats are a small group of Dutch folks (Splotter) who have managed to design what some feel is the ultimate resource/building game. The playing time is pretty intense - but there are options to shorten the game. And according to it's fans, there is absolutely no reason to shorten this immersive playing experience.

Ben Baldanza: "Almost limitless options."

Ronald Hoekstra: "Time flies when you're playing this game."

Doug Adams: "Fabulous game of logistics that's brilliant with 1 to 6 players."

Susan Rozmiarek: "This game sucks me in to the point where I don't even realize how insanely long it takes to play."

picture from Board Game Geek

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would enjoy Roads & Boats more if it were a computer game. I sort of like it, but it feels too laborious to play.

9:21 AM  
Blogger huzonfirst said...

VERY impressive design. It's long and intense, but there's also nothing else quite like it.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

For the record, I've never played this. I didn't vote for it. I didn't write the blurb for it.

But I wanted to...

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home