Monday, November 14, 2005

#10: Tichu

This is not a card game - it's an addiction. Now if people could just agree on how to pronounce "Tichu" - is it "tea-koo" or "teach-oo"? Whatever - people who like this game LOVE this game.

Aaron Fuegi: "The best card game I have ever played and I love card games. Bridge is the only other potential competitor I think and I just haven't played enough to get really into it although I've enjoyed it when I have played."

Dave Arnott: "I can still remember being totally confused my first game...and completely entranced when it was done. Wanted to play again right away. And then again after that. And, much to my delight, I still feel this way."

Joshua Miller: "My favorite "serious" card game, miles ahead of the competition. The decision space in Tichu is so much more complex (and more interesting!) than in any other card game I've played. I'll play this anywhere, any time."

Peter Sarrett: "There may be better card games. There may even be better card games for four players. But none of them can beat the feeling of wiping the smug grin off an opponent's face by playing a bigger bomb."

picture from Board Game Geek

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Or an attempt at humor... but, honestly, Josh, I didn't know the answer.

Sheesh.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Excellent work. I hope to take a better look once I get my home connection restored. I have to sneak peaks from work! SHHHH!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home