Wednesday, November 09, 2005

#34: Expediton/Wildlife Adventure

There are some differences between the two games, but at their core they are much alike. Players manuever 3 expeditions around a map of the world, completing their assignments and foiling others from doing the same. Thankfully, this has finally been printed in English as National Geographic Expedition: while the destination cards being printed in German didn't affect play, it took away some of the "educational" value of a world travel game.

Aaron Fuegi: "Pretty random but always fun and the theme appeals too. I've actually still not played Expedition but must admit I like (Wildlife Adventure) enoughthat I have little desire to."

Mark Jackson: "Sometimes downed as being too dependent on card draws & the mistakes of others. Yet I'm 14-9 lifetime... and the majority of those games were 4+ players."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to see this often-overlooked classic so high on the list! Neither Expedition nor Wildlife Adventure rank well at Boardgamegeek.

I'm getting a big kick out of seeing great, underrated games like Fresh Fish, Adel Verpflichtet, Titan, Was Sticht, Taboo, Quandary, and many others that aren't even close to the top 100 at BGG.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Josh, you've touched on part of why I'm so taken with this list (and with the other "special" projects I've created)... they take you to games you might otherwise miss.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wildlife Adventure was published in English a long time ago. I have a copy that I got as a kid way back in the 80's. I haven't played it in years, but it's gotten good reviews, so I probably ought to break it out at some point.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home