Saturday, November 05, 2005

#74: Taboo

Party games are a dime a dozen... good party/large group games are much more rare. Taboo, #74, is a great party game. One simple premise (get your team to guess a word without using 5 other words, specified by the card) is a hoot to play. The system also lends itself to easy updating... two new editions of Taboo were released this last year - and Electronic Taboo (about 3 years old) allows you to up the difficulty level to 7 words!

Peter Sarrett: "The best packaged party game that doesn't have my name onit. If there were a Taboo pro tour, I'd have quit my job long ago." (Peter is the developer/designer of Time's Up, another great party game.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I uncool if I love this game? I mean, it's just so . . . mass market. I'm glad to see that we're not too stuffy to admit the merits of games known outside the halls of the illuminati (Taboo, Scrabble, Backgammon, Poker, Spades, etc.).

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home