Monday, November 21, 2005

The Ones That Got Away: W. Eric Martin

Familienbande

Maybe an odd choice for my favorite game of all time, but I've played 60+ times and still have fun. The theme meshes so well with the gameplay-- kill that bloodline; like mother, like son; and so forth -- that new players really get into the game. Also, my wife really enjoys the game, which is always a plus.

Piratenbilliards

One of the most addictive games ever. I bought an American version of Piratenbilliards from an online toy company, gave two away as gifts, and ordered seven more copies for folks who wanted one of their own after playing mine. Even my parents bought a copy!

Fluxx

A guilty pleasure, and one I can share only with my brother due to general loathing of this game from the game community. We play best 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 7, and because we know the cards so well, we whip through these games in ten minutes or so. Sure, Fluxx is light and chaotic, but it's hardly mindless, as many critics contend.

I'm sure my choices would differ today after another year of gaming experience, but this list was a good picture of that time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home