Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Mark's #31: Medieval Merchant

Here in the 30's of my personal Top One Hundred, it's "Pick on Jay Tummelson" time. This time, I _love_ the new name (the German one was Pfeffersäcke, for crying out loud.) Instead, this time I'll comment on the box cover - it looks like the artist took his inspiration from Jay himself!

Medieval Merchant, btw, is not really a game of medieval economics. It's a train game - in fact, it's a bit like Ticket To Ride with some money involved. (OK, maybe not, but cut me some slack.) It works great with 3-6 players and has little downtime.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Net_Lemming said...

Mark,
Where do you find all the time to play?

How big is your group in Fresno?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Where do you find all the time to play

Well, Net Lemming, I have a very understanding wife. I play with a regular gaming group nearly every Monday night at my home.

As well, I get to play games with my family as well as a Bible study group that I lead.

How big is your group in Fresno?

There are 10 of us who've played 10+ games with the group over the last year... but we average 5-7 folks each Monday evening.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your description of this on Game Central Station, and wonder why you didn't use it here: "Medieval Merchant is a train game dressed up for a Renaissance Fair."

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home