Friday, December 09, 2005

Mark's #40: Battle Cry

One of the saddest things about Battle Cry is that it didn't get the stellar treatment that it's little brother, Memoir '44, did. No expansions, no fancy-schmancy website with steady flow of official scenarios... sigh. This incredibly fun Civil War battle game managed to get command & control issues into the game without resorting to all the usual goofiness of your average "wargame." (And I'm not just whistlin' Dixie here: I am a reformed 'chit-pusher' who cut his teeth on Squad Leader & Third Reich.)

Still, it's a great game, even with it's much better-healed little brother around (and closer on the list to #1), so it's not fair to exclude it. I just wished the game fit into a smaller box so I could cart it with me easier!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home