Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mark's #13: Union Pacific

I can still remember my first playing of Union Pacific - Chip Triplett, Ty Douds & I (along with some other folks who have washed out in my memory) got to play a pre-release copy at Gulf Games 3... and by the end of the game, all of us were anxious to our hands on our own copy of the game. Union Pacific had it all - tension, arc, planning, tactics - we were mesmerzied.

And I still am. Alan Moon (the designer) published "2nd edition" rules that tighten up the game... and my buddy, Dave Arnott, designed a splendid 2-player variant, so the game works like a charm with 2-6 players.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Walter said...

Appreciate the time you took to write this

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home