Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mark's #24: Schnappchen Jagd

I can't spell it (without looking it up) and I certainly can't pronounce it, depiste Heli's best efforts to fix my mangled German. But I can play it - and I think it's probably the best 3 handed card game out there.

Of course, Schnappchen Jagd is from the master of oddly used cards, Uwe Rosenberg, so I shouldn't be surprised. Here, he stands trick-taking on it's head by changing the trump suit on every TRICK... and scoring based on a nifty bargain/junk mechanic that makes scoring a strategic decision.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't resist pointing out that you spelled it wrong. It's "Schnäppchen Jagd"... :-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Grumble grumble... stinkin' umlauts... grumble mumble...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home