Wednesday, November 09, 2005

#32: RoboRally

I'm sounding like a broken record, but Richard Garfield's well-loved game of programmable robots has just been republished. (I think it's a good thing that we're seeing so many of these games resurfacing!) As long as you are careful about how you set up the race, Robo Rally offers big laughs and tricky tactics.

Sheila Davis: "Just plain fun. And very funny to boot. On some of the boards, it's a trick just to survive without the other robots. Adding them adds to the chaos, which I enjoy."

Greg Aleknevicus: "Roborally is a game I like more than I can actually justify. Many playings can end abruptly (or not at all) due to a poor setup, bad card draws can doom you to tedium, the unpredictable nature of your opponents can knock you out of the game. Despite all this, I enjoy the process of discovering clever moves and escaping dangerous situations."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought that Robo Rally was a "love it or hate it" game for most folks. So it's not surprising to see it do very well on a list where gamers are picking only a few of their most-loved games.

I can't remember whether I listed Robo Rally (I probably did), but I'm definitely in the "love it" camp!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Finally one of my favorite games gets some love. Mark, now that you're gone, I have nobobdy left that even remotely enjoys this game!
Jason Bullion

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home