Thursday, November 03, 2005

#96: Mamma Mia

Play #96 on our list around the right (or wrong) folks, and you're liable to hear some very bad Italian accents. Uwe Rosenberg's first appearance on our list is with his highly inventive and original card game, Mamma Mia. Try to fill your various pizza orders with ingredients on the cards (pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapples, green peppers and olives). [Mark: Some people insist on calling the pineapple cards "extra cheese." Some people need to get out more.] A good memory helps.

Nick Sauer: "Blown off by many, rather superficially, as just a memory game.It's really a vicious gambling game with experienced players."

Joe Rushanan: "My favorite memory game."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like a memory game but there is more to it. This is a good gateway game. Very portable and easy to play when you don't have a lot of table room.

Last week I was chaperoning some kids at a sixth grade camp and just minutes before I left I saw some kids trying to play Mamma Mia and playing it wrong. It broke my heart that I didn't have time to teach them to play it correctly.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to the great pineapple/cheese controversery, there is also the salami/pepperoni debate. Me, I side with the salami as written in the rules, but pepperoni makes a lot more sense.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia was in my very first German game order, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Maybe I can shed some light on the ingredient debate. Apparently, according to my wife who spent a couple of summers in Germany, ordering pepperoni on a pizza in Germany will get you hot peppers not deli meat. You want the classic you need to order salami. So, its a translation thing. :)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home