Wednesday, November 30, 2005

If You Let The Lunatics Run The Institution...

...you get lists like these:

Snoop's List

That's right - Stephen "Balloon Cup" Glenn, the mastermind behind The One Hundred, put together his own personal top 100 list. Makes for some fun reading - but, dude, cool it with the abstracts! Sheesh.

I'll follow up tomorrow by posting my Top 100 here over 10 or so days - not because I'm really wanting to build suspense, but because it's a lot easier to get everything posted in bite-sized pieces. Needless to say, Poker will not be #1. :-)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rather liked it that he included several (good) abstracts on his list. But putting Poker as #1 almost destroys his credibility ;-)
Crazy!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Well, I think I'm to be commended for seeing the game as THE GAME and not some arranged marriage of mechanics and theme.

Let's face it, the top three from that other list -- Puerto Rico, Euphrat & Tigris, El Grande -- are about as abstract as they come.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing that bugged me the most about his list was that in order to comment I had to be a registered blogger. Since I'm not, I can only complain about him here.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Snoop, here's your commendation for seeing the forest for the trees. :-)

But, while I agree with you that El Grande and E&T are pretty abstract, Puerto Rico has much more thematic feel than you give it credit for...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I had no idea Dave.

No wonder I wasn't getting many comments. I fixed it.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home