Wednesday, November 09, 2005

#31: Carcassonne

Amazingly enough, this almost didn't get published in English... it was part of a package deal between Hans in Gluck & Rio Grande. But this publishing afterthought has gone on to be, along with Settlers, one of the great Euro-gaming franchises. I [Mark] like Carcassonne best with 2-3 players & a good mix of expansions.

Joshua Miller: "One of those rare games that appeals to hobby gamers, families, and even non-gamers. I think it's the best showcase game for those unfamiliar with our hobby, and among seasoned gamers, it reveals a surprising amount of depth."

Henning Kropke: "Played far more than sixty times in all its variations."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note that my comment about Carcassonne being the best showcase game for our hobby was written before the arrival of Ticket to Ride. I'd now say that Carcassonne is the second best in that regard. I still think it's a superb game.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this game.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Bert said...

This is one of the games that got me hooked on the hobby (need I mention the other one - *cough* settlers *cough*)!

Great game for 2 to 6 (with the Inns & Cathedrals expansion), inexpensive, and is easy to set up and clean up.

But do we really need 18** versions!?

**gross exaggeration, but you get my point

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home